With Interac® e-Transfers, you can send money in minutes to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and an account at a Canadian credit union or bank. The process is simple, convenient and secure. It's a great alternative to cheques and cash.
Ways To Use
With Interac® e-Transfers you can:
- Send money to children at college
- Send gifts to friends or family
- Pay your rent electronically
- Pay for items purchased online or at garage sales
- Settle a bill with a friend
- And much, much more...the possibilities are endless.
- Send and receive money directly from and to your existing bank account
- There's no need to share personal or financial information, allowing you to keep your address, phone number and account information private
- A security question protects your transfer from being deposited by unintended recipients
- Email carries the notification, so no need to get stamps or to find a mailbox
Is It Safe?
With Interac® e-Transfers, your money never actually travels by email. Email is only used to notify the recipient and to provide them with instructions on how to deposit money.
® Trademark of INTERAC Inc. Used under license
*There is a non-refundable service fee of $1.50 each time you send an e-Transfer
** Transfer time is dependent on internet and financial institution connectivity